Spaghetti with Arugula Pesto
This Cannabis Spaghetti with Arugula Pesto has a double hit of arugula—it’s blended into the tangy and earthy pesto, and then raw leaves are tossed with the finished pasta. We love this cannabis infused pesto and always keep some on hand to spread on sandwiches and bruschetta.
This recipe is reprinted with permission from Herb: Mastering the Art of Cooking with Cannabis (2015 Inkshares) by Chefs Laurie Wolf and Melissa Parks.
Use Cannaoil to Infuse Cannabis Spaghetti
Cannabis oil is the best way to medicate this recipe and others like it. If you don't know how to make cannabis infused oil, our simple tutorial will bring you up to speed.
Learn how to Cook with Cannabis and Stay Healthy
Cannabis Cheri teaches you how to make great tasting, perfectly dosed edibles, to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
A Note About Dosage for the Cannabis Spaghetti with Arugula Pesto Recipe
Each of the 4 servings of Cannabis Spaghetti in this recipe will have about 30 mgs THC, IF you made your cannaoil from cannabis containing 10% THC and if you used 14 grams (or a 1/2 ounce) to make 1 cup of oil.
To adjust the recipe for the strength you are cooking with and for the dosage you need, take Cannademy's free edibles dosing class, or even better, get their invaluable dosage calculators that do all the math for you (just $5.00).
- 6 cups arugula, plus 1 bunch baby arugula
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, preferably kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil, plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- 4 teaspoons cannabis infused oil
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated, plus more for serving
- 1 pound spaghetti
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for the spaghetti.
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade, pulse 6 cups of the arugula, walnuts, garlic, salt, and pepper until pureed. With the machine running, add the 1⁄2 cup olive oil and canna-olive oil in a steady stream through the feed tube to make a pesto. Stir in the Parmesan and set the pesto aside.
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions.
- Drain the spaghetti, return it to the pot off the heat, and toss it with the pesto and baby arugula.
- Divide the pasta among 4 plates, drizzle with the remaining 2tablespoons olive oil, and top with extra Parmesan.
This dish would also be wonderful with the addition of cooked shrimp, scallops, or chicken. If you don’t like arugula, or prefer a milder flavor, substitute baby spinach
This recipe is reprinted with permission from The Cannabis Kitchen Cookbook (2015, Skyhorse Publishing) by Robyn Griggs Lawrence with photos by Povy Kendal Atchison.
Making Marijuana Oil
Click for our How to Make Cannabis Oil tutorial.
Dosing for Marijuana Recipes:
This dose is only a suggestion. To learn how to adjust this recipe for YOUR needs and the strength of the cannabis you are cooking, be sure to take Cannademy's FREE edibles dosing class. Better yet, get their online or app dosage calculators that do all the math for you. Just $5.00.