Chipotle Lime Brussels sprouts take on a Latin accent with a smoky, spicy-sweet chipotle and lime sauce, for an unforgettable side dish that just might become the star of the meal.
Of course you can medicate this dish with cannabis. But it is also healthy and delicious without the medicated addition.
This recipe is part of a feature we did on the Health Benefits of Brussels Sprouts.
Use Cannaoil to Medicate This Recipe
Cannabis oil makes a terrific way to medicate this recipe and others like it. A neutral flavored oil like canola, grapeseed, or avocado oil would work well. However because the recipe has so many strong flavors going on, especially with the smoky chipotle, you could even get away with olive oil.
If you don't know how to make cannabis infused oil, our simple tutorial will bring you up to speed.
Of course, if you just want a delicious and healthy spicy style Brussels spouts recipe without marijuana in the mix, simply use un-infused oil instead.
Learn how to Cook with Cannabis and Stay Healthy
Cannabis Cheri teaches you how to make great tasting, perfectly dosed edibles, to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
A Note About Dosage for the Chipotle Lime Brussels Sprouts
Each of the 4 servings of Brussels sprouts in this recipe will have about 30 mgs THC, IF you made your cannaoil from cannabis containing 10% THC and if you used 14 grams (or a 1/2 ounce) to make 1 cup of oil.
To adjust the recipe for the strength of cannabis you are cooking with and for the dosage you need, take Cannademy's free edibles dosing class, or even better, get their invaluable dosage calculators that do all the math for you (just $5.00).
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 pound Brussels Spouts, washed, trimmed and cut in half
- 1 chipotle pepper, in Adobo sauce, finely mined (use more or less depending on your heat tolerance and preference)
- 1/4 teaspoon lime zest, zest of 1 lime
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lime juice, juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons honey or agave nectar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cannabis infused olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat over to 375 degrees F.
- Toss Brussels sprouts with olive oil and minced garlic to coat. Place in a single layer in a baking dish and roast for about 15 minutes, stirring every five minutes or so. Sprouts should be starting to brown and be somewhat tender yet still al dente.
- While vegetables are roasting, whisk together chipotle, lime juice, lime zest, honey, and cannabis oil in a small bowl.
- Remove Brussels sprouts from oven and toss with Chipotle mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Making Marijuana Oil
Click for our How to Make Cannabis Oil tutorial.
Dosing for Marijuana Recipes:
This dose is only a suggestion. To learn how to adjust this recipe for YOUR needs and the strength of the cannabis you are cooking, be sure to take Cannademy's FREE edibles dosing class. Better yet, get their online or app dosage calculators that do all the math for you. Just $5.00.