Sweet and spicy combine in this tantalizing Thi style Marijuana Mango salad recipe.
Marijuana and mangoes make a good flavor match because they share a common terpene, myrcene.
Terpenes are the compounds in plants, all plants, not just marijuana plants, that give them their fragrance. Terpenes also impart important medicinal effects. In both cannabis and other foods, such as mangoes.
We can't say we've personally noticed this, but mangoes and marijuana usually do make a good culinary flavor match-up.
Learn how to Cook with Cannabis and Stay Healthy
Cannabis Cheri teaches you how to make great tasting, perfectly dosed edibles, to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Use Cannabis Infused Oil to add Cannabis to this recipe
The easiest way to medicate this recipe is with cannabis infused oil. We like olive oil best, but you could use another neutral flavored edible oil with equally good success.
If you don't know how to infuse cannabis oil, this tutorial will show you.
A Note on the Dosage for the Thai Style Marijuana Mango Salad
Each of the 4 servings this recipe makes will have approximately XX mgs THC per serving, IF you made your cannabis oil from cannabis containing 10% THC, and if you used a 1/4 ounce or 7 grams to make 1 cup of oil.
To adjust the recipe for the strength you are cooking with and for the dosage you need, take Cannademy's free edibles dosing class, or even better, get their invaluable dosage calculators that do all the math for you (just $5.00).
- 1 tablespoon ginger, fresh, grated
- 1/4 cup cilantro, fresh, chopped
- zest, from 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cannabis infused oil, preferably olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno or serrano chile, seeded and minced
- 2 mangoes, medium, rip, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cucumber, large, peeled, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper, yellow, orange, or red, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/4 red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, mix together ginger, cilantro, lime juice and lime zest, soy sauce, honey, garlic, and cannabis infused oil.
- In a separate bowl, combine chile, mangos, cucumber, bell pepper and onion. Toss dressing over salad ingredients to coat evenly and divide between two plates, serve.
Marijuana Oil and Marijuana Butter
Making Marijuana Oil
Click here for instructions on how to make infused marijuana oil.
Dosing for Marijuana Recipes:
This dose is only a suggestion. Be sure to read and understand Calculating Cannabis Doses in Edibles before attempting to cook with marijuana.This recipe is by Cheri Sicard, for more of Cheri’s great marijuana recipes, check out The Cannabis Gourmet Cookbook by Cheri Sicard (2012, Z-Dog Media, ISBN: 978-0-9839888-0-9) or her blog Cannabis Cheri.