While not a typical ingredient in Asian cuisines, theses Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Soy Ginger Sauce nonetheless pair well with traditional flavors like soy, ginger, garlic and toasted sesame seeds and oil. And of course, if you want to medicate them, cannabis to make them even healthier.
This recipe is part of a feature we did on the Health Benefits of Brussels Sprouts.
Use Cannaoil to Medicate This Recipe
Cannabis oil makes a good way to medicate this recipe and others like it. A neutral flavored oil like canola, grapeseed, or avocado oil would work well. However because the recipe has so many strong flavors going on, you could even get away with olive oil. Despite it not being traditional in Asian style dishes.
If you don't know how to make cannabis infused oil, our simple tutorial will bring you up to speed.
Of course, if you just want a delicious and healthy Asian style Brussels spouts recipe without marijuana in the mix, simply use un-infused oil instead.
Learn how to Cook with Cannabis and Stay Healthy
Cannabis Cheri teaches you how to make great tasting, perfectly dosed edibles, to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
A Note About Dosage for the Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Soy Ginger Sauce
Each of the 4 servings of Brussels sprouts in this recipe will have about 30 mgs THC, IF you made your cannaoil from cannabis containing 10% THC and if you used 14 grams (or a 1/2 ounce) to make 1 cup of oil.
To adjust the recipe for the strength of cannabis you are cooking with and for the dosage you need, take Cannademy's free edibles dosing class, or even better, get their invaluable dosage calculators that do all the math for you (just $5.00).
Roasted Sesame Ginger Soy Brussels Sprouts - Marijuana Recipes
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, washed, trimmed, and cut in half
- 4 teaspoons cannabis infused oil, preferably neutral oil like vegetable or canola
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ginger, fresh, grated
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Preheat over to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together canna-oil, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, crushed red peppers, black pepper, and sugar. Add Brussels sprouts and toss to coat.
- Place in a single layer in a baking dish and roast for about 15 minutes, stirring every five minutes or so. Sprouts should be starting to brown and be somewhat tender yet still al dente.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with toasted sesame oil and toss to mix. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and serve.
Making Marijuana Oil
Click for our How to Make Cannabis Oil tutorial.
Dosing for Marijuana Recipes:
This dose is only a suggestion. To learn how to adjust this recipe for YOUR needs and the strength of the cannabis you are cooking, be sure to take Cannademy's FREE edibles dosing class. Better yet, get their online or app dosage calculators that do all the math for you. Just $5.00.