These Spanish style stuffed mushrooms are scrumptious on their own, but they’re even better served with an easy dipping sauce of 1⁄2 cup sour cream, the juice of one lime, and salt and pepper to taste.
- 16 extra large white button mushrooms, cleaned
- 2 tablespoons olive oi, plus extra for coating mushrooms
- salt, preferably kosher or sea salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 3/4 pound chorizo sausage, removed from casing if links
- 1/2 cup green onion, white and green parts
- 1/2 small jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons cannabis infused olive oil, plus 2 teaspoons
- 1 Roma tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 2/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 3 ounces Neufchâtel cheese, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup cotija cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped, for garnish
- 1. Prepare the mushrooms. Remove and finely chop the stems, and set them aside. Lightly coat each mushroom with oil, sprinkle them with salt and pepper, and lay them cap side up on a baking sheet.
- 2. In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the sausage, and cook, breaking it up with a spoon into small pieces, until all the pink has disappeared, 4 to 5 minutes.
- 3. Add the chopped mushroom stems, green onion, garlic, and jalapeño and cook until the stems are tender, 2 to 3 minutes more.
- 4. Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the canna-oil, mixing thoroughly for 2 minutes.
- 5. Stir in the tomato, bread crumbs, Neufchâtel, cotija, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- 6. Fill the mushroom caps with 11⁄2 tablespoons each of the sausage mixture.
- 7. Bake the mushrooms until they are tender and the filling is golden brown on top, about 20 minutes.
- 8. Sprinkle with the cilantro and serve.
Click here for instructions for making Cannabis Infused Butter.For important information about dosing cannabis edibles, click here.This recipe is reprinted with permission from Herb: Mastering the Art of Cooking with Cannabis (2015 Inkshares) by Chefs Laurie Wolf and Melissa Parks.Click here for our insider look at this terrific marijuana cookbook and more sample recipes from its pages.