Medical marijuana patients looking for a great vacation destination should consider Nevada vacations, as the Silver State is one of the few states offering full medical marijuana reciprocity with other states that have medical marijuana programs in place. In fact, depending on where you live, you might even enjoy far greater access to quality cannabis in Nevada than you do at home.
Recently Nevada issued the following notice concerning out of state marijuana sales:
The following states have medical marijuana programs and issue medical marijuana cards:
ALASKA, ARIZONA, CALIFORNIA, COLORADO, CONNECTICUT, DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, DELAWARE, HAWAII, ILLINOIS, MAINE, MARYLAND, MASSACHUSETTS, MICHIGAN, MINNESOTA, MONTANA, NEVADA, NEW HAMPSHIRE, NEW JERSEY, NEW YORK, NEW MEXICO, OREGON, PENNSYLVANIA, RHODE ISLAND, VERMONT, WASHINGTON
The Medical Marijuana dispensaries of the State of Nevada are authorized to sell medical marijuana to card holders from the states above if the patient presents a State or local government-issued medical marijuana card.
That means that if you are a medical marijuana patient in any of those states, you will be able to legally purchase cannabis in Nevada as well! If you have been considering a vacation destination, here is a great reason to consider choosing Nevada, as you can have a great time AND have safe, legal access to medical marijuana too – as it should be!
No matter where you go, you will be able to gamble in Nevada, that’s a given. Besides the most obvious Nevada tourist destination, Las Vegas, there is a lot more to see and do in the Silver State. We are going to offer more extensive Nevada travel coverage in the future, but in the meantime consider these other lesser known things you might want to do on Nevada Vacation:
- Tour Hoover Dam — Located in Black Canyon on the Colorado River about 30 miles southeast of Las Vegas, at more than 700 feet tall Hoover Dam is an amazing Nevada spectacle, especially considering it was built more than 70 years ago.
- Soak in Some Hot Springs — With approximately 300 natural hot springs across the state, Nevada is a great place to indulge in these feelings in an all-natural setting.
- Explore the Extra-Terrestrial Highway — Aliens, UFO Sightings, a top-secret government testing facility and moonlike terrain. Is it any wonder State Route 375 gained notoriety as the ET Highway? Add this only-in-Nevada experience to your next Nevada itinerary.
- Check Out Some Ghost Towns — Explore wild west history in an up close and personal way!
- Enjoy Lake Tahoe — From rustic to pampered, all manner of adventures await in gorgeous Lake Tahoe.
- Reno: The Biggest Little City in the World — With an impressive Riverwalk District, downtown whitewater kayak park, unmatched lineup of annual events and the gateway to unlimited outdoor activity, Reno has come a long way from its mid-1800s early days.